Board index » Rick restoration from part to finish

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 85 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 9  Next
 Post subject: Re: Reform Nameplate Policy
 Post Posted: Wed Apr 12, 2006 2:16 am 

Are we giving up regards the TRC story then ?

Post Posted: Wed Apr 12, 2006 2:41 am 

I hope not, I'm morbidly curious about it....

Post Posted: Wed Apr 12, 2006 3:53 am 

Makes one wonder if there was a story in the first place, or perhaps unbelievably embarrassing.

Post Posted: Wed Apr 12, 2006 4:21 am 

I have just found this wee gem of a post and after 2 minutes of reading was also dying to know how the trc got destroyed. I feel sorry for those who have been waiting to hear about it from the beginning. I also believe that it is either a really embarrasing story or that the whole shebang was made up to get a trc for a fakenbacker of some kind. And as for that guitar of townshends, are they authentic ric toaster pickups too?

Post Posted: Wed Apr 12, 2006 7:33 am 

Hey, I've got an idea: let's make up a totally fake story about how the TRC got destroyed. As if it happened to one of us. Best story wins something.

Post Posted: Wed Apr 12, 2006 7:43 am 

Quote:
Hey, I've got an idea: let's make up a totally fake story about how the TRC got destroyed. As if it happened to one of us. Best story wins something.

I put my TRC in to the toaster to get that real vintage look and forgot to shut of the toaster.

Hey that story is really true and I should get a new TRC from fakenricker for FREE, because they didn’t make it fireproof.

Post Posted: Wed Apr 12, 2006 7:54 am 

PLease remember, that when the Beatles first landed in NYC in February 1964, most people (unless they themselves were severe "guitar aficonados") just assumed that a Rickenbacker guitar was either a British make, or perhaps German, as the Tuetonic looking brand name itself strongly suggests.

As a young 7th grader at that time in early 1964, I became really aware of the brand name when I saw the first Saturday Evening Post cover (March 1964 issue) with the Beatles and their guitars (which I still have, by the way!)

Fans of artists, such as Belgium born Jean "Toots" Thielemans, recording session men and severe guitar aficionados, of course knew of the superb, most well respected legendary, venerable brand name.

(This may sound awfully amazingly silly, but believe it or not, an extended family member of mine actually owned and played a vintage 12string 360 model Ric for years that he bought second hand and always thought it was German made until I clued him in by nearly bonking him on the head!!!!)

Post Posted: Wed Apr 12, 2006 9:15 am 

Quote:
(This may sound awfully amazingly silly, but believe it or not, an extended family member of mine actually owned and played a vintage 12string 360 model Ric for years that he bought second hand and always thought it was German made until I clued him in by nearly bonking him on the head!!!!)

Yes, the name Rickenbacker on the truss rod cover may lead someone to believe the guitar is possibly made in another country such as Germany or Switzerland.

And, if you weren't familiar with guitars, throw in the names Hofner and Gretsch. Then add drums by Ludwig plus Vox amplifiers and you have gear with names that don't sound American made. Plus, if you heard John Lennon bought his Rick 325 in Germany, it's easy to make the German connection

But it is amazing that once you have the 12-string in hand, that you never notice the "MADE IN U.S.A." on the truss rod cover. Just knowing the time it takes to re-string the instrument, you would think this fine print would eventually catch one's eye.

"R-I-C-K IN THE U-S-A"

Post Posted: Wed Apr 12, 2006 9:38 am 

OK, now I'm curious too! How did that TRC get damaged beyond belief? Wild sex trick perhaps!

Loyal, you gotta give in and tell all! We won't tell anyone else!

MMM

Post Posted: Wed Apr 12, 2006 10:07 am 

Yes, it's the dramatic Rickenbacker truss rod cover story that's yet to be told. A Rick TRC damaged so badly that the factory couldn't make a positive "original" identification.

Sound incredible? Did it really happen? What's the true "long story" of how the TRC was damaged?

Only one person knows and he hasn't posted the details. Will the truth ever be known? Time will tell.

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 85 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 9  Next

Board index » Rick restoration from part to finish