Board index » Rick restoration from part to finish

Post subject: Ric. problems?
 Post Posted: Mon Apr 24, 2006 3:44 am 

I'm wondering if there are or have been any major problems with 4003's. I haven't heard of any so far, and hope to never hear of any soon. Curiosity.

Post subject: Re: Ric. problems?
 Post Posted: Mon Apr 24, 2006 10:40 am 

I've never had any. After you get 'em set up right, they're good for quite a long time. They stay in tune forever, too. Sure, every instrument has its quirks and personality, but I've never heard of any sort of major issue, as long as you take care of it properly, which of course isn't hard. One reason I bought a Rick was that I wanted the best I could get and never have to worry about what's going to happen. So far I haven't been disappointed.
Generally, you shouldn't put strings on it that are going to put too much tension on the neck because of the way they're designed. However, there are so many different personal experiences and preferences that, depending on who you ask, you'll get all kinds of different answers, which is what makes it all the more interesting in my opinion.

Post subject: Re: Ric. problems?
 Post Posted: Mon Apr 24, 2006 9:34 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Quote:
Generally, you shouldn't put strings on it that are going to put too much tension on the neck because of the way they're designed.
This is relevant only to the earlier 4001 series basses. The 4003 can pretty much handle any string you'd care to play. But of course that doesn't mean you wouldn't have to do some adjustment to the neck, nut, and bridge to handle absurdly heavy or light strings, just like an other bass.

Board index » Rick restoration from part to finish