Board index » Rick restoration from part to finish

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 44 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 Post subject: Re: Aquaglo 325 Restyle!!!
 Post Posted: Tue Jun 20, 2006 8:52 am 

Look like the beach and ocean in my part of the Pacific. I guess that's Islandglo.

Sweet!

Best,

MMM

Post Posted: Tue Jun 20, 2006 9:54 am 

QUOTE:
" ... Look like the beach and ocean in my part of the Pacific. I guess that's Islandglo."
END QUOTE

I think if this exotically refinished Ric 325 has been around when the Beatles were in the Bahamas in 1965 for the making of their movie "Help!" and filming that spectacular "Another Girl" song sequence, this Ric you show here would have been most fittingly mystical looking, set against that ever glowing surreal rum and coconut juice inspiring aqua marine sparkling Carribbean!

-Surely the definitive "Bermuda Triangle" of guitars!

Post Posted: Wed Jun 21, 2006 1:01 am 

Guess I jumped the gun back on June 12th. I posted Aquaglo as my vote for COY 2007 back then.

Lushious color, fab guitar. Big winner Paul. I still can't stop staring at this one...

...Dean

Post Posted: Wed Jun 21, 2006 7:57 am 

Quote:
QUOTE:
" ... Look like the beach and ocean in my part of the Pacific. I guess that's Islandglo."
END QUOTE

I think if this exotically refinished Ric 325 has been around when the Beatles were in the Bahamas in 1965 for the making of their movie "Help!" and filming that spectacular "Another Girl" song sequence, this Ric you show here would have been most fittingly mystical looking, set against that ever glowing surreal rum and coconut juice inspiring aqua marine sparkling Carribbean!

-Surely the definitive "Bermuda Triangle" of guitars!

Feed me, Seymour..Feed me. Better'n Rickison Keiler. Dave, you better writing some good songs..the juices are flowing. Incidentally, asked the wife for a name: "ocean-dream" or "caribbean-dream". Ric-speak would yield an "ocean-glo" moniker, though. Real purdy!

Post Posted: Wed Jun 21, 2006 8:40 am 

Hey Fun duh Mental!

All of your added creative brainstorming leads yet more food for thought for a proper color name in native Santa Ana tongued Ric-speak and/or Ric-esque.

Cariglo comes to mind. As does Bahamasglo, Reefglo, Coralglo, Gulf Streamglo, Incaglo, Mayanglo, Keyesglo, Bermudaglo, Rumglo etc.

Okay! Field is primed and wide open for more now!

Post Posted: Wed Jun 21, 2006 9:00 pm 

Rumglo, i like that!

Post Posted: Fri Jun 23, 2006 1:31 am 

Here are some shots I took in strong daylight, just before I packed it off to its rightful owner.

These are more representative of the true coloration!

Post Posted: Fri Jun 23, 2006 2:25 am 

Jeez, that turned out nice! Reminds me of the sea.... Ahh, tonight I'm on vacation and off for a week at Lake Michigan.

Thanks for the update, Paul, and as always, excellent work. It really turned out beautiful and the grain still shows through. Anotha winna!

Post Posted: Fri Jun 23, 2006 3:45 am 

Paul, that is completely and utterly breathtaking.

Post Posted: Fri Jun 23, 2006 5:52 am 

I can't speak, I thought my 620/6 BBR has the nicest color I've ever seen., but you Aquaglo is breathtaking! That is without a doubt the prettiest color I have ever seen PERIOD!

On another note,
I've read quite a bit of your posts and let me say "Your the Man" You certianly know what you are talking about. I know nothing of polymers or petroulem based products. I do know what I like and I've seen some of your finished work and it is absolutly fantastic. Okay, one question for you, I have a new (3 weeks old) 620/6 BlueBurst do I need to Zymol it? I already went out and brought a bottle. Thanks.

Frank

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 44 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Board index » Rick restoration from part to finish