Board index » Rick restoration from part to finish

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 41 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 Post subject: Re: Hey Eric B.!! (4001 refin)
 Post Posted: Tue Jan 02, 2007 3:59 am 

Quote:
Cool..The best aerosol spray paint I've ever used was made by Cardinal..Their Gloss Clear in particular is fantastic..I used a lot of it at my previous job..Oddly enough,due to air quality restrictions,we couldn't spray it through a gun,but we could spray the same paint from an aerosol can..How are ya with a spray gun?

>>>> Pretty good, or at least I was. At one time I was an ASE certified Master Collision Repair technician. I gave up wrenching and spraying and got into management on the insurance end of things. Here's a little something I painted with PPG Delstar, my 1964 Jag E-Type. It took 5 years for me to restore it. Everything on this car is a PITA!!!

Post Posted: Tue Jan 02, 2007 4:03 am 

Quote:
Joey,if you mean the one that was at the corner of Harbor and Wilshire,I'm three blocks away from that place.

>>> I like the Fish & Chips at the Olde Ship once in a while, they also pull a pretty good pint of Boddington's!!

Post Posted: Tue Jan 02, 2007 7:22 am 

Quote:
Quote:
Joey,if you mean the one that was at the corner of Harbor and Wilshire,I'm three blocks away from that place.

>>> I like the Fish & Chips at the Olde Ship once in a while, they also pull a pretty good pint of Boddington's!!

Yeah, that's the one! Now it's a Starbucks and a few other stores. The memories I have of that bank, and now it's gone! LOL
Hey swold, that Jag is sweet, I wanna go got a ride in that baby! ;-)

Post Posted: Tue Jan 02, 2007 7:36 am 

That certainly IS a sweet Jag..If it gets to be too much of a PITA,you can certainly give it to me! If you ever give up that line of work you're in and wanna paint guitars,gimmie a holler!

Ah yes,the Olde Ship..Actually the owner Simon (his father recently passed away,so he's the proprieter now) is a good friend of mine,and he was at the 75th factory tour in August..The food there is awesome..I can usually be found most weekends holding up one end of the bar at Stadium Tavern..

Post Posted: Tue Jan 02, 2007 8:04 am 

I'll have to check out the Olde Ship one of these days.

Post Posted: Tue Jan 02, 2007 1:09 pm 

Quote:
That certainly IS a sweet Jag..If it gets to be too much of a PITA,you can certainly give it to me! If you ever give up that line of work you're in and wanna paint guitars,gimmie a holler!

Ah yes,the Olde Ship..Actually the owner Simon (his father recently passed away,so he's the proprieter now) is a good friend of mine,and he was at the 75th factory tour in August..The food there is awesome..I can usually be found most weekends holding up one end of the bar at Stadium Tavern..

>>> Thanks Eric, The Jag is a labor of love, kinda like this 4001 project, and ya can't have it!!! How 'bout a future ex-wife? (Just kidding, my wife is the greatest, she never complains about my incessant gigging, gear buying and hairbrained projects)...Unfortunately, I've done my time behind the gun, and I'm too old and crotchety and I charge too much. However, if you're in need of a painter, e-mail me privately; I know some damn good ones that might be looking for a new home. If you wanna check out the Jag, lemme know, if you and Joey wanna come by for a little confluence on a weekend, you are certainly welcome; hell, I might even be coaxed into letting you guys take the controls of the XKE for a short blast up the 57. I've also got some very amazing guitars and basses you're welcome to check out.

Cheers!

Post Posted: Tue Jan 02, 2007 1:18 pm 

Quote:
I'll have to check out the Olde Ship one of these days.

Oh yeah, I've been on many a voyage on the Olde Ship!
One of the best Britpubs around. Excellent grease & juice!
I live at the very Northeast corner of Fullerton, right where it turns into Brea. There are some great grub spots in downtown Brea too. I really love TAPS, they make some tasty micro-brews, and the oyster bar is to die for if you like 'em! Mmmmm oysters....

Cheers!

Post Posted: Tue Jan 02, 2007 1:28 pm 

Quote:
P.S. Wanna give one of my treble high-gain pickups a try?

>>> Ah Lisboa...Eu visitei la uma vez, e tambem O Algarve. Tenho saudades do Portugal. Minha esposa e Portuguesa, da ilha Terceira. Pais bonita, gente boa. What do you do to your hi-gains? I need the chrome surround too.

Post Posted: Wed Jan 03, 2007 2:45 am 

Quote:
There are some great grub spots in downtown Brea too. I really love TAPS, they make some tasty micro-brews

Oh yeah, I know that area very well. I ordered my 75th anniv 4003 from Rockit Music in Brea. I eat at Lucille's, Taps, The Yard House and often at Mammalucco's.

Post Posted: Wed Jan 03, 2007 10:20 pm 

All this talk of Fullerton is making me home sick! I went to school there(Go Hornets!)and lived there till the early 90's (Amerige, then Wilshire, then Walnut, etc). Did any one go to James Intveld's gig in Fullerton on New Year's Eve?

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 41 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Board index » Rick restoration from part to finish