Board index » Rick restoration from part to finish

Post subject: Zymol equal Zymöl?
 Post Posted: Sat Jan 13, 2007 9:25 pm 

After research im not quite sure what to look about when I going after that legendary "Zymol" stuff mentioned around here everywhere. Is this a brand or a chemical substance?

Thats what I found:
http://216.244.99.240/shop/sub-category.asp?CID=25

Therefor I´m from europe, I´m not so optimistic to get this stuff at the next drugstore or garage. Any hints abount ingredients that should be inside a possible substitute ? There is a geman distribution for the upper linked product. Is this the right material? There are three catagories, which one´s the best for RIC guitars?

Thanks

Post subject: Re: Zymol equal Zymöl?
 Post Posted: Sat Jan 13, 2007 10:47 pm 

Looks like the real stuff but packaging looks different.
I just bought a bottle of it yesterday and I am really amazed about it.
I think Zymöl is a brand name. The name and the icon suggests a European product but it is Mfr. for Zymöl Enterprises Inc. in Chicago IL.

Post Posted: Sun Jan 14, 2007 3:16 am 

Here's my bottle. Works like a charm. I got it from an eBay seller, if that's any help.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v152/vezvez/zymol.jpg

Post Posted: Sun Jan 14, 2007 2:47 pm 

Quote:
Here's my bottle. Works like a charm. I got it from an eBay seller, if that's any help.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v152/vezvez/zymol.jpg

Funny that it´s also called "Zymöl" in the US. (How do you spell it?)
-1. windex (any other glass cleaner works also, I think?)
-2. scratch-x (any brand or substance infos apreciated)
-3. zymol (when does the "diaper" comes into play?)

Post Posted: Sun Jan 14, 2007 10:53 pm 

Windex is a brand of glass cleaner. Any would work. However, multi-purpose cleaners like "Fantastik", "409", etc, will not work well, as they contain a caustic chemical, sodium metasilicate, which attacks paint and will even etch glass!

The Zymol I use is their cleaner-wax, which comes in a 16 ounce clear bottle and is light blue in color, so the bottle looks light blue. Their product number is Z-503. It smells like coconuts because it contains coconut oil; in fact they tout all natural oils and no chemical solvents.

Scratch-X is a US brand, distributed worldwide, manufactured by Meguiar's. I don't know what is available in Europe in terms of other brands.

Clean cotton diapers are essential for good results with both Zymol and Scratch-X, but 100% cotton t-shirts will work as well. Avoid linen, polyester, and any other synthetics, and do NOT use any paper products like paper towels, facial tissues, or bog roll...these will scratch like crazy, as they are very abrasive.

Post Posted: Tue Jan 16, 2007 1:46 am 

Quote:
Windex is a brand of glass cleaner. Any would work. However, multi-purpose cleaners like "Fantastik", "409", etc, will not work well, as they contain a caustic chemical, sodium metasilicate, which attacks paint and will even etch glass!

The Zymol I use is their cleaner-wax, which comes in a 16 ounce clear bottle and is light blue in color, so the bottle looks light blue. Their product number is Z-503. It smells like coconuts because it contains coconut oil; in fact they tout all natural oils and no chemical solvents.

Scratch-X is a US brand, distributed worldwide, manufactured by Meguiar's. I don't know what is available in Europe in terms of other brands.

Clean cotton diapers are essential for good results with both Zymol and Scratch-X, but 100% cotton t-shirts will work as well. Avoid linen, polyester, and any other synthetics, and do NOT use any paper products like paper towels, facial tissues, or bog roll...these will scratch like crazy, as they are very abrasive.

Sir, I always apreciate you constructive and useful hints.
(P.S.Anyway,if you had something to do with that: I´m stunned by the new Lancia Delta HPE...)

Board index » Rick restoration from part to finish