Board index » Rickenbacker amps

Post subject: Rick amps
 Post Posted: Fri Sep 04, 2009 6:07 am 

Seems like there ought to be dedicated section for the Rick amps, from the earliest little ones for the first Rick Hawaiian guitars thru the cool 50s tube models, the crazy late 60s Transonics, and some of the other ones from later. I hear some of the 50s tube models are thought to compare favorably to tweed Fenders at a 1/3 of the price.

Personally I think the TR series are killer (I used to be a vintage tube amp snob, then wised up) -- never thought I'd be over on the "dark side" using solid state guitar amps but life is full of surprises.

BTW I am lookin' for WORLD'S CLEANEST Rickenbacker TR 25... which was a 40 watt single 12 combo. I hear they turn up every so often.

Post subject: Re: Rick amps
 Post Posted: Mon Sep 28, 2009 4:02 am 

{This post violates the rules of our forum and has been deleted. However, the post was forwarded by e-mail to the poster above. That, of course, would hve been the proper way to respond to this posting . . . Moderator}

Post Posted: Mon Sep 28, 2009 7:38 am 

Rickenbacker amps date back to 1929 (according to the "50 years of Rickenbacker Amps" ad of 1979). It is believed that the early Rickenbacker amps influenced, among others, Leo Fender who, in the early 1940s, repaired them in his radio shop in Fullerton, CA, nearby the Electro/Rickenbacker facility.

Post Posted: Tue Feb 02, 2010 12:59 am 

DC Birdman, if you're out there, I have an exceptionally clean, "minty" TR25. You can contact me offline (my email address is public, according to how I registered) or call me @ 212 206 6101.

Post Posted: Tue Feb 02, 2010 4:53 am 

http://www.rickresource.com/forum/ has a buy/sell forum. You need to register as a member and log in for that forum to be visible. I've a listing for two TR-120B amps there right now.

Board index » Rickenbacker amps