Board index » Just Basses

Post subject: Anyone using a SABDDI
 Post Posted: Tue Feb 28, 2006 2:40 am 

and what are your settings?

Post subject: Re: Anyone using a SABDDI
 Post Posted: Tue Feb 28, 2006 3:50 am 

I have the pedal version of the Bass D.I. by Sansamp, running into a power amp.

I set it to the "SVT" settings (which actually comes pretty close to a real SVT!), and then modify from there depending on my mood. I usually use a little more drive, and a little more treble, everything else pretty much as manual states.

When I want more "oomph" I've been running a Tubescreamer into the front end of the D.I., but lately have been thinking putting the Tubescreamer after the D.I. would be more effective.

Post Posted: Fri Mar 03, 2006 12:52 am 

Quote:
I have the pedal version of the Bass D.I. by Sansamp, running into a power amp.

I set it to the "SVT" settings (which actually comes pretty close to a real SVT!), and then modify from there depending on my mood. I usually use a little more drive, and a little more treble, everything else pretty much as manual states.

Me, too. I find the SVT setting works best for me and all my basses except for my Carvin B4 for some reason. It actually sounds worse through the Sans Amp. I don't know why.
My 4003 sounds great through it, though.
I recommend it as an almost have to have item.

Post Posted: Fri Mar 03, 2006 3:44 am 

I must be to old school, I like nothing between my bass and my amp except a tuner. sometimes i plug in my 76 dod flanger, yes flanger to change up my sound. I like to use the bass and amp controls to get the sound i like. It doesnt matter which amp i use, i like my sound, which is very bright in sound with a low rumble and very,very,very very little mids. I hate mids. I have just enough mids to help with the low end so its not muddy. I dont like that P bass sound at all, to many mids for my taste.

Post Posted: Fri Mar 03, 2006 3:49 am 

The DOD 575A Flanger was the first effect I bought. I still use it in places. Great whooshing effect & really spices things up when used as an accent in certain passages.

Post Posted: Fri Mar 03, 2006 1:18 pm 

Cool, Im gald Im not the only one to use a flanger, It makes for a great sound, I once used a phase 90 which also gives a bass a very cool sound. To bad noone uses these stomp boxes anymore, what great old sounds.;)

Post Posted: Sat Mar 04, 2006 4:48 am 

To me, it's like when a guitarist uses a wah pedal. You wouldn't use it all the time, it would be annoying after a while, but when you DO use it, everyone looks around to see where that sound is coming from!
Great for giving a huge, sweeping, expansive sound while playing chords too.

Post Posted: Sat Mar 04, 2006 10:55 am 

I tried the SABDDI a while ago but didn't like the sucked out midrange. Today I bought the Sansamp GT2 and I have to say it is a great sounding pedal and sounds great with my guitars, also.

Post Posted: Sun Mar 05, 2006 7:55 am 

Quote:
I tried the SABDDI a while ago but didn't like the sucked out midrange. Today I bought the Sansamp GT2 and I have to say it is a great sounding pedal and sounds great with my guitars, also.

Yeah, that can be a problem when you have the blend at max. I've found that I can compensate for this by reducing the treble and bass to bring the mid's back up. When I do that, I also need to increase the level, but it gives me that tube sound and great punch

Post Posted: Sun Mar 05, 2006 7:14 pm 

Quote:

I used to have both the SABDDI and GT2, and I also liked the GT2 better than the SABDDI for bass (even though I originally bought the GT2 for guitar.)

Board index » Just Basses