[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
Rickenbacker International Corporation - Forum • View topic - HELP:Does replacing pickups in a guitar decrease its value?

Board index » General Forum

Post subject: Re: HELP:Does replacing pickups in a guitar decrease its val
 Post Posted: Sat Nov 26, 2011 1:47 am 

unfortunately the pickups are potted so there is no way to inspect them, but there will be spare parts as long as Rickenbacker will continue making 4004 and 650c so long live Lemmy! :mrgreen:

still haven't the guitar with me, going to have it in approximately one week, then I will tell you my impressions. ;)

Post Posted: Sat Nov 26, 2011 2:25 am 

Post Posted: Sat Nov 26, 2011 3:44 am 

Post Posted: Sat Nov 26, 2011 6:22 am 

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Sun Nov 27, 2011 7:40 am 

Post subject: HELP:Does replacing pickups in a guitar decrease its value?
 Post Posted: Tue Nov 29, 2011 1:59 pm 

Good idea to get the "dead" pickup as part of this transaction. Then you can send it to Sergio in Portugal to rewind it or fix it and you'll have the option to reinstall it later on. You can contact Sergio through the Rick Resource Forum.... (Winding Up with the Best). Ric enthusiasts from all over the world send their Ric pickups to Sergio for assistance.

There are probably many, many divergent views on the subject of a replacement part lessening the value of an instrument.

Post Posted: Wed Nov 30, 2011 12:58 am 

Hi Thischarmingman. I hope that forearm injury is OK, and your back to playing soon. But yes rest it if that's what the good Doctor recommends! It's not serious or long term I hope! That guitar will be arriving soon so hope it heals fast.

Post Posted: Wed Nov 30, 2011 4:46 am 

Post Posted: Wed Nov 30, 2011 7:30 pm 

I've had epicondylitis, also. I couldn't pick up anything with my fretting hand that was more than a pound in weight. I seriously thought I would never pick up the guitar again, and thought about learning the blues harp, exclusively. (What other musical instrument doesn't require a lot of finger/hand movement?) It took me about nine months before I could return to the guitar. I hope yours clears up well before then. (But I knew that if I continued to abuse my hand/elbow and not allow it to heal completely that I might sustain a lifetime of misery.) Take care, and get well soon. (I'm hoping you can still take & post a couple of photos of it, anyway.... ;) )

Post Posted: Wed Nov 30, 2011 9:24 pm 

Hi Max................how does one get this epicondylitis, it is inflammation! Were you doing something repetitive?? I hope both you guys recover well and soon!

Board index » General Forum