Board index » General Forum

Post subject: Rickenbacker, I think it's time to update your Website!
 Post Posted: Tue Sep 17, 2019 6:34 am 

Look at websites like Fender, Musicman, Gibson, even Fodera and Sadowsky. Then look at the Rickenbacker website, it is horrible!

Saying it is out of date is an understatement. Click on Recent News. The last article was from 2014.

The product pages are horrible and useless photos.

And what about new products? The new Al Cisneros Signature model is pretty exciting news! A re-designed bridge, single truss rod. Yet no where to be found on the Rickenbacker site.

Come on Rickenbacker, this is the internet age. If status quo is fine with you, then OK. But good representation of your products would certain help sales.

Post subject: Re: Rickenbacker, I think it's time to update your Website!
 Post Posted: Tue Sep 17, 2019 3:52 pm 

What he said...

325C58, 325C64, 2006 Fender classic 60s Strat with Klein Epic 59 pick ups. Johnny Marr fender Jaguar, 70s Fender Mustang 1990 Fender Dreadnaught. Fender Blues Jr , Fender Deluxe Reverb, Yamaha G50 112
Previous fenders.1958 Jazzmaster, 1959 Stratocaster.

Post Posted: Wed Sep 25, 2019 7:53 am 

No. They have a Facebook page for pretty pictures. They updated the forums a while back, and the main site is really for information about products and the company with a store for parts/strings. Otherwise, you can find most of what you want, including communication with the company, via the Facebook page.

It's not broken. Why fix it? They're not competing with Gibson or Fender. People who buy Rickenbackers aren't on the fence between a 360 12 string an a Les Paul. Those who buy Rickenbacker basses want a Rickenbacker bass. The market for the products is there and specific despite the website.

Post Posted: Thu Oct 10, 2019 6:28 am 

Pokemon is correct. As Mr. Hall has said many times, it's their site and they're not hurting for business.

Besides, no one is forcing you to come here.

Post Posted: Thu Oct 10, 2019 10:10 am 

magicfingers wrote:
Pokemon is correct. As Mr. Hall has said many times, it's their site and they're not hurting for business.

Good boy - you're a good little lap dog!! :lol:

Post Posted: Fri Nov 08, 2019 4:35 pm 

magicfingers wrote:

It doesn't look like many do. LOL

325C58, 325C64, 2006 Fender classic 60s Strat with Klein Epic 59 pick ups. Johnny Marr fender Jaguar, 70s Fender Mustang 1990 Fender Dreadnaught. Fender Blues Jr , Fender Deluxe Reverb, Yamaha G50 112
Previous fenders.1958 Jazzmaster, 1959 Stratocaster.

Post Posted: Sat Nov 09, 2019 6:14 pm 

For what it's worth, i find the site is clunky and doesn't even show current photos of some models (the 4000 series basses, for example, have had their body shape modified slightly, ditto 360's). There is no way to tell what models are in current production or retired. It's their website, so they may do what they please, but it would sure be great to give it a facelift. My two cents.

Post Posted: Sun Nov 10, 2019 8:55 am 

Yes, the state of affairs here is disappointing, not only in regards to web site updating, but more disappointingly for me (notwithstanding the retirement and understandable absence of Mr. John Hall) is the lack of consumer response; I'm still waiting for a reply to a question I sent via this website about two (2) years ago. I suppose I could join Facebook--it is, after all, the premier vehicle of today's communication and where most of the world seems to convene. But, I will not/cannot join Facebook.

HOWEVER, look on the bright side--and I am entirely serious here--I am glad that this web site is still up. I come here when I have a question about something, anything, regarding Ricks, often technical information and advice; it is a wonderful repository of information. I read the threads as if they were written yesterday, and relish the input of Mr. Hall.

Board index » General Forum